Wednesday, September 28, 2011

What I'm loving Wednesday

Amber, I'm taking your idea on "What I'm loving Wednesday" and going to "run with it."  Speaking of, I just saw a post on Facebook called "How to Write Good"--and it tells me to avoid cliches.  Ahh, I am one big cliche!  Anyway, I am going to start:

1) Des Moines has a co-op!
It opened this month.  It is nice to have fresh, organic, local foods all in one spot.  So far it's very small.  Plus, I like the idea of a co-op.  You have a say in what goes in the store and it's its own community.  I'm thinking of joining ours.  I've never been a part of a co-op, in fact (shudder), I shop at Wal-Mart all the time.  I should be putting money into the community.  With a co-op, you get that opportunity.  I'm glad it's finally been started in Des Moines, Iowa City has a HUGE one!

2) Lutheran Hospital
Their emergency room is great.  It's the only emergency room in town where you have to walk through a metal detector first.  I don't even think you have to do that at the county hospital.  Anyway, our clients get right in to a room, are seen at a timely fashion, and most everyone working here is nice.  I had to go today (luckily the client turned out to be fine) and I am always impressed by how easy everyone is to work with over there.  I also like their surgery center.  Lutheran, I love YOU!

3) Modern Family: Cam
Cam, the one on the right, is so freaking funny, omg!  I'm watching the episode where he's on a juice fast.  Haaaa!  Juice fasts have been a phase at work, and I love my juicer too.

What do you love?

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I cannot take credit for "What I'm loving Wednesday!" It's Jamie from This Kind of Love - you have to check her out, she's the sweeeeeeetest person EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just turned on Modern Family - I love Cam TOO!!! He's THE BEST. Seriously, THE BEST!

    I will so go to the co-op with with you! Let me know when you go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will! I'll probably go again on Saturday, maybe we could go after the farmers' market.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came over to say hi cos I am a loyal reader of Amber's blog and always like to find new ones to read - nice to meet you! Weirdly enough, I bought season one of Modern Family about six months ago and have yet to watch it. I really REALLY need to make a start on that.

    What I'm loving... I'm going on holiday tomorrow. Although I'm not doing well with the whole packing thing. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to meet you P. Where are you going?

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband and I love Modern Family~cute blog! I'm new too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to meet you Jenn! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete