Monday, October 3, 2011

A piece of the weekend

The weekend did not start off right.  I went home from work on Friday with gastroenteritis.   Stomach flu.  Not fun.  For a nurse, I'm a really big baby when I'm sick.  I constantly think about how sick I am and how I need to be resting, drinking fluids etc.  I feel sorry for myself!  I want people to feel sorry for me!  Biggest.  Hypochondriac.  Ever.  I guess I wouldn't say I'm a hypochondriac, because I'm not one of those people who always THINKS they are sick with something.  I find that amusing, actually.  Possibly a coping mechanism.  For the record, I just feel sorry for myself when I'm actually sick, lol.  I stayed in bed all day and night after I got home (which was approximately 10 am).  Oddly enough, Zac ended up coming home with the same bug!  So misery had company.
Luckily, a good sleep cured what ailed me!  Saturday, Amber and I went to the Downtown Farmers' Market.  We had a great time perusing the stands.  It was a beautiful, sunny day and everyone seemed to be in a good mood.  I quickly got over being sick.  Amber's long-haired double-dapple dachshund Lexi got SO much attention.  She is absolutely adorable, so how could she not?  Such a calm, sweet thing.  I bought fingerling potatoes and jalapeno peppers.  Approximately 5 lbs of fingerling potatoes.  What the heck am I going to do with all those?  I suppose Zac and I will eat them/let them sprout.  It had been awhile since I'd been to the farmer's market and I didn't want to buy too much since I didn't have bags.  I didn't realize all they had though--I'm definitely going to be getting grass fed beef and local Gouda cheese next time.

Soon I'll post real pictures.  I have two cameras I keep in my purse.  Two.  Unfortunately I was taking pictures with the camera that doesn't have the ability to upload, due to me losing the cords.  Whoops.  So next time, I will use the other camera.  Maybe not keep the other one in my purse.  I think it's  funny when people take pictures and they just keep them in their camera.  Like it's own little portable photo album.  I JUST found out how to find pictures from the internet to post to my blog.  Changed my life.  I'm not very computer literate, except when it comes to Facebook!  I don't even really know how to use that deeply either.  There are always new things to learn.



1 comment:

  1. The farmer's market was fun! I will probably go again on the 15th - and that will probably be the last time for the outdoor market :( Hope you can come with again!!

    ReplyDelete