Thursday, October 6, 2011

My Morning Routine

Thank you Amber from "A Little Pink in The Cornfields" for your blog idea!  I decided to go with my morning routine instead of night routine, because I am bad-to-the-bone and basically go to bed without washing off my make-up (of note: I do brush my teeth).  Not much of a night routine.

My mornings during the week are usually the same.

1) 5:15 a.m.:  Zac's alarm wakes me up, usually does not wake HIM up.  I am one of those people that relishes those minutes in bed, so though I'm ready to get up, I lounge in bed for awhile.  Zac is honestly still sleeping (and he shouldn't be because he has a 45 minute drive to get to work by 7:30a.m.).

2) 7:00 a.m.:  Officially wake up and turn on my *pager*, which I keep next to my bed.  No, you did not stumble into a blog post from 1999.  For my job, I have to carry a pager.  Haaaa!  During the week I carry a pager from 7 am-5pm (Monday-Friday), overnight once a week, and every 4th weekend.  Get grumpy if someone calls at 7:01 a.m.  I need that time when I wake up to not talk to anyone.  I try not to be to people on the phone, it's not their fault they have to call.

3) 7:02 a.m.:  Stumble into the bathroom, and usually find Phil (the cat) in the bathroom sink.  It always makes me laugh.  Take shower.

4) 7:20 a.m.:  Get out of shower, get dressed, put in contacts.  The contacts are relatively new to my life.  Yet amazing.  I didn't realize how poorly I could see until I started wearing contacts in May.  I always had a prescription, just rarely used it.  Anyway, amazing.  I use the kind you can throw away every day.  No muss no fuss.

5) 8:00 a.m.:  Grab a Diet Coke and head out the door.  So healthy.  I love Diet Coke, it is my lifeline. 

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you're wearing contacts now either! I'm glad you like the Dailies though. I have heard really good things about them.

    Can't wait to see you tomorrow for the World Food Festival! :)

    ReplyDelete