Monday, October 17, 2011

The iPhone

I heard a rumor in May or June that Sprint was getting the iPhone soon.  I was due for an upgrade in June, but wanted to hold on JUUUUST in case.  I've had Sprint since 1999 (my first plan was a 60 minute per month plan, lol, and I RARELY used it because I just used the landline), and had no reason to ever switch because of a phone.  I also get a 25% discount with Sprint through work.  So I've waited and waited!  Turns out the rumors were true.  iPhones were available for pre-order on October 7th.  I put in my order for an iPhone 4 (as that one was only $99, and Zac's was cool enough) and waited until the 14th, when it came in the mail.  The only differences between the iPhone 4 and 4s are 1) the camera is better and 2) there is a voice activated "helper" (both which I do not need).

Out of a very large brown box came a cute little white box...
containing an i-phone, USB cable/outlet attachment and earphones.  I've never had a phone come with earphones before.  Very nice!

I was on my way out with some friends to a local bar (with Wi-fi), so I brought my phone out there to try to activate it myself.  Though I did not activate my phone on my own, I was able to connect to the Wi-fi.  I could not stop playing with the damn thing.  In fact, I had to go and get it activated before I just DIED.  So I took it to the Sprint store over in West Glen.  Got there at 7:45 pm, closed at 8.  Yes, for that night I was one of THOSE people that I hated.  When I was a server, there were always THOSE people that would come at 9:45 pm (when we closed at 10, on a Saturday) and sit there all night.  Luckily the two technicians out there were super cool and let me stay.  Thank you, thank you!!  I am so sorry, guys.  I think with the launch of the iPhone 4s the same day they knew they'd probably have to stay there that late anyway.  So I tell myself to make myself feel better.

I got my phone activated and took it home...

So far:

With the Netflix app, I've listened to several episodes of "Basketball Wives."  I drove out to Omaha to see a friend for a birthday, and was very impressed with the video/sound quality.  None of that "refreshing" stuff.


I enjoy watching Evelyn cause a bunch of drama!  I can't help it!!

I've been "checking in" with the Foursquare app.  Checking in at the chiropractor's office (yes, the one that I don't need to go to, but bought all the adjustments and am stuck with now)...lol, check!

Done some on-phone banking with the USAA app.  You can even take pictures of your checks to deposit them!  I haven't tried this yet.

Listening to music with the Pandora app.  Who knew Foster the People had other songs besides "Pumped Up Kicks"--and that they are really good!

The list goes on and on...I'm sure you could do some of these things with a Droid but whatever...I love my iPhone!

3 comments:

  1. I heart my iPhone too! Wow, you haven't blogged in a really long time. You are worse than me!! I blogged today - like 4 times. :-)

    ReplyDelete